Admission process for doctoral course
There are two application periods for doctorate course. Applications for the academic year starting from April will be available to download from this web site from October every year and the application period will end in the first week of December. Applications for the academic year starting from October will available to download from May every year and application period will end in the last week of June.
Where to find application forms?
Application forms can be downloaded from this site. You have to fill in a printed copy and send to the address given in application document via regular mail.
Am I qualified?*
Doctoral candidate must full fill following the requirements. Applicants must not be citizens of Japan, and are required to satisfy one of the following qualifications.
- Those who hold a Master’s degree, from an accredited institution in Japan, or will obtain a degree before enrolling.
- Those who hold a Master’s degree, from an accredited institution outside of Japan, or will obtain a degree before enrolling.
- Those who are evaluated by the Kyushu University Graduate School of Human-Environment Studies, through an Individual Screening of Requirements for Admission*, to have an academic ability equal to or surpassing that of individuals with a Master’s degree and who will be 24 years or older at the time of enrolling.
*Note: Please check application forms for further detail.
What is the application period?
Please check the dates announced in this site.
Fees to be paid at the time of enrollment:
- Enrollment fee 282,000 yen
- Tuition fee 267,900 yen/semester (535,800 yen for an academic year)
*Note: The above fees are subject to change. Such changes may occur without notice and will take effect immediately. The tuition fees are to be paid after completing the enrollment procedures
Please check application documents for details and for the documents to be submitted with application forms.